Less Than Truckload (LTL)
At First Call Logistics we understand LTL can be a time consuming and complicated process. We provide a solution that can make quoting and executing shipments pain-free through our excellent customer service, industry expertise and LTL technology platform. Together we are able to analyze current transportation practices to identify areas to maximize operational efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Offering online customer carrier select model for ease of quoting and set up. We are a single point contact working with industry-leading LTL carriers simplifying operations and flow of communication.
- Knowledge base to assist customers with National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) numbers, freight classes and accessorials per carrier partner
- Finding the most optimal blend of carriers to support the customer supply chain
- 24/7 access to very user-friendly customer portal that allows visibility at all times
- List Bills
- Claim Management
What is LTL?
- LTL most frequently consists of the movement of 1-6 standard size pallets. Weights can vary but range from 100 lbs to 10,000 lbs. Anything over 12 feet can be considered for volume LTL, consolidation, or dedicated truckload.
Is LTL a good fit for my company?
- LTL is beneficial for shippers who make freight easy for the carrier to handle. Also, carriers will charge additional fees to go beyond your standard shipment. Carriers are built for speed and efficiency so ease of access as well as shipping and receiving times come into play.
How much notice do carriers need to schedule a pick up?
- All carriers will need a 2-hour window for pick-up which makes communication essential to avoid service issues.