First Call Logistics, LLC is actively seeking driven individuals hungry for new career opportunities in logistics, and who recognize effort and determination — coupled with coachability and proper support — are a potent mix for success. As a Top 100 brokerage with a rapidly expanding national presence, First Call is home to limitless growth and earning potential for those skilled in streamlining logistical processes for partnering businesses.
As a member of the Carrier Sales job family, your day is never dull. Carrier Sales is a fast-paced environment where every interaction represents opportunity. Accountability and urgency allow you to add value to customers, carriers and our internal team. With First Call’s growing in-house services at your back, you’ll build your brand as a logistics expert through relationships with customers and teammates. Each relationship you cultivate within your growing sphere of contacts leaves a positive impression on someone in the industry — granting you more opportunities to grow your paycheck and advance your career.
At its core, the Carrier Sales job family is tasked with load coverage and servicing of freight through its lifecycle (conception, through transit and post-delivery procedures). FCL relies heavily on its Carrier Sales team for these key assignments — as such, team members are tasked with answering incoming calls from prospective carriers as well as making outbound calls on posted equipment to cover loads. The combination of these tasks, plus the ability to track freight through transit, provides First Call’s partners a constant contact to rely on for logistical support.
- Provide coverage for FCL freight
- Service freight through the entirety of its lifecycle: conception, transit, through receiving paperwork and post-delivery
- Field inbound phone calls and assist the carrier team in call coverage
- Routinely make outbound calls to cover freight; Minimum >50/day (this can fluctuate day-to-day depending on the market)
- Develop relationships with capacity carriers in the industry, allowing FCL to utilize their assets for freight. Adding these relationships to your portfolio/book of business and effectively capturing market share.
- Work closely with teammates and pod leadership to cover freight at or below market pricing
- Work ahead to pre-book freight, allowing customer teams to capitalize on fast coverage to secure additional freight
- Track and cover remaining freight on weekend Saturday shift when scheduled
- Participate in trainings, reviews and development plans, taking advantage of company support systems designed to support your growth
- Arrive to work location promptly, and depart when the work is completed
- Always maintain clear and reliable lines of communication with all parties
- Aid teammates with “all hands-on deck” scenarios
- Become a positive addition to the team with a desire to learn, grow and succeed
- Provide constructive feedback to management and possible ideas for innovation and system improvements
- Dedicated, accountable and driven — effort and urgency are essential to the role
- Willingness to learn and be coachable
- Skilled negotiator
- Team player, self-starter and self-motivator
Why work at First Call Logistics?
- Top-100 3PL with a host of in-house assets and a long-established relationship with our parent company
- Endless opportunity in virtually every facet of logistics and supply chain management, including multi-modal transport (FTL, refrigerated, LTL, Drayage, etc…)
- Access to cutting-edge industry technology (we have all the bells and whistles)
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing start-up atmosphere
- Paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental
- Matching Simple IRA and the ability for continued education through industry certifications
- First Call swag, outings, and sales contests promoting team involvement
- Participate in First Call charitable giving and fundraising events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Determined by Experience, Location, Market, etc.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off (increases with tenure)
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability: Rotating Saturday schedule that will decrease in frequency as we grow our team
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay from the first dollar
Ability to commute/relocate:
- This job is not remote, as such we are looking for team members willing to commute or relocate closer to the office
- 3PL experience is preferred
- Sales experience is a plus