Position: General Manager
First Call is looking for a General Manager responsible for developing and managing a Brokerage Sales Office. We’re looking for someone with strong leadership skills and a proven track record of success. You’ll be working closely with our senior leaders to help us achieve our goals by providing strategic direction and execution of key programs and initiatives. This position requires a candidate who is able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, juggle competing demands, and deliver results. We are seeking candidates who possess the following attributes:
- Proven ability to drive change and implement new ways of doing things.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute plans and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required; advanced degrees preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience required.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of success in managing teams. This position requires someone who enjoys working directly with clients and understands how to effectively communicate complex information in a clear manner. You must also understand the importance of building trust and rapport with clients.
This position reports to senior leadership and is based out of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the branch to achieve its goals.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the branch by establishing policies and procedures, play an active role in hiring staff, supervising employees, and resolving problems.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with shippers, carriers, and other key personnel.
- Oversee the daily activities of the branch, ensuring it operates efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and regulatory requirements.
Why work at First Call Logistics?
- Work with the most cutting-edge technology (we have all the bells and whistles).
- Competitive base salary with comp tied to Branch Growth with no cap.
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental.
- Matching Simple IRA and the ability for continued education through industry certifications.
- First Call swag, outings, and sales contests to promote team involvement.
- Participate in First Call charitable giving and fundraising events.