A successful Remove Business Development Manager will drive new business, maintain a portfolio of customers, and grow existing accounts.
Position: Business Development Manager (Remote)
First Call Logistics is seeking an experienced and motivated Remote Business Development Manager responsible for finding and engaging new customers. In this role, you are the face of First Call Logistics and our customer’s first exposure to our growing company. A successful sales representative will drive new business, maintain a portfolio of customers and grow existing accounts. This is a consultative selling role as you are designing supply chain solutions by listening to your customer’s needs. From prospecting to closing a deal, you will leverage our network, technology, processes, and First Call subject matter experts to improve our customers’ supply chains. You are designing solutions to make supply chains GO!
Responsibilities in this role:
- Source new sales opportunities through lead generation.
- Identify key decision makers and schedule 4 monthly face-to-face meetings where applicable.
- Request referrals from all customers. Get 3-4 referrals from each customer in your portfolio.
- Attend monthly networking events. The goal of joining 1 to 2 networking groups (temporarily on hold).
- Spend mornings and afternoons prospecting, researching, updating account notes, planning meeting agendas, and developing CRM deals. Spend the rest of your time executing calls and meetings.
- Track and update pipeline opportunities through HubSpot CRM.
- Close sales and achieve monthly performance goals.
- Act as primary customer contact directing SOPs to the customer support team.
- Ability to interpret and use internal or external data provided to speak to customer needs and communicate business insights. You are the customer’s source of industry knowledge.
- Lead RFP or bid opportunities.
- Ability to coach Account Management team responsible for growing your accounts.
- Have fun while growing your sales and earning commission!
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Brokerage experience (3+years).
- Consultative approach to sales.
- Maintains margin integrity in line with company and personal sales goals.
- Excitement and energy for building relationships.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to use market data to educate customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Base-level understanding of a P&L.
Why work at First Call Logistics?
- Work with the most cutting-edge technology (we have all the bells and whistles).
- Competitive base salary with commission.
- Opportunity to advance your career in a fast-growing company.
- Work in your home office and avoid traffic and putting miles on your vehicle.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental.
- Matching Simple IRA and the ability for continued education through industry certifications.
- First Call swag, outings, and sales contests to promote team involvement.
- Participate in First Call charitable giving and fundraising events.